Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Los Banos

Los Banos Division

The Los Banos  Division hears traffic, adult, juvenile, criminal, civil and small claims matters.

Notice: The Dos Palos and Gustine branches will no longer be hearing matters. All matters will be handled through the Los Banos division.

Traffic Division

Note: You may contest your citation by paying the full bail (fine) amount as listed on your Courtesy Notice and requesting a Trial By Declaration. Your request may be done by mail by following the directions on your Courtesy Notice.

Financial hardship: If you cannot afford to pay the full amount of a fine for an infraction offense (including most traffic tickets), you may ask the court to reduce the amount you owe based on your ability to pay. For more information, click here.

More Information
For more information about the traffic division, including traffic school, proof of correction, and collections, please visit the Traffic division page.

Criminal Division

The Los Banos division hears criminal matters.

Civil Division

The Los Banos division will accept all Small Claims, Limited and Unlimited Civil filings. Including adoption, probate, conservatorship, guardianship, civil restraining orders, and name changes.

Please note, Los Banos Court personnel are not authorized by law to give legal advice to private individuals.

Family Law Division

The Los Banos Division will accept all Family Law filings.

Legal Advice

Please be aware the superior court is not authorized by law to give legal advice to private individuals. If you are seeking legal advice as to which forms should be filed, you need to contact a private attorney.


  • You may appear as a walk-in Monday through Friday (except Wednesday) between 7:45am and 8:15am.
  • Please bring your citation, courtesy notice, release papers, or any other information you have pertaining to your case.
  • Please keep in mind that the walk-in schedule is subject to change at any time.

Case Searches

For case search information, please visit the Records Search page.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.